Entretien du Tissu
Naturally Dyed Clothes
Although natural dyes are environmentally friendly, protective to skin and give pleasing colors, they do not bond with textile fiber materials like synthetic dyes. This may lead to slight color changes when sweating or rubbing and the colors may bleed a little.
We recommend using naturally colored clothing with other dark clothing or equipment like backpacks. We also recommend washing your clothing as little as possible, to ensure that the unique color lasts as long as possible.
If you do find your alpaca clothing needs a wash:
- Hand wash or machine wash on a gentle cycle in cold water with a gentle/wool detergent.
- Wash with like colors. The dye will likely tint the washing water, but the color of your garment won’t be changed.
- If hand-washing, rinse the garment(s) in cold water and gently squeeze out the excess water.
- Lay the garment flat to dry.
- Iron on warm setting, if you feel ironing is necessary.
- Store your garments, preferably folded rather than hung.
A few things to avoid:
- Do not use fabric softener or bleach.
- Do not tumble dry or dry clean.
- Try not to twist or wring the fabric too much.